440 Chartres St
French Quarter - New Orleans, LA 70130
Of all the historic sites in New Orleans, none have witnessed more drama than the old exchange coffee house known as The Original Pierre Masperoâ€™s Slave Exchange. This Building is one of the oldest in the French Quarter, having been erected in 1788 by Don Juan Paillet. During the first decades of the 19th century this coffee house was a meeting place where brothers Jean and Pierre Lafitte and their men met and planned escapes. It was also in this historic site that Andrew Jackson met with the Lafitte brothers to plan the defense at the epic Battles of New Orleans. It was at this battle that the British surrendered to the American troops led by Jackson. Americaâ€™s Independence was finalized and General Jackson went on to become the 7th president of the United States.
Categories: Restaurants/Food & Dining, Full-Service Restaurants, Limited-Service Restaurants, Eating Places and Restaurants
1201 Burgundy St
1140 Decatur St
1040 Chartres St
3930 Euphrosine St